As the leaves continue to fall and the weather gets cooler, we know that the holiday season is upon us! Our round 6 applications are finishing up and the recently seeded lawns are looking really nice.
Round 7 applications start next week! This application will get your lawn ready for the winter months. We will be addressing all broadleaf weed issues that might be popping up so the lawn stays looking great this winter.
We want to wish everyone a safe holiday season but don’t forget about the lawn. A few tips to remember about your lawn as we head into winter:
- Keep up with the leaves. Leaf coverage blocks sunlight and can thin out the lawn.
- Mulching leaves with regular mowing works great and increases organic matter.
- Watering can be stopped and irrigation systems can be closed.
- The weather has made the change and watering will not be necessary after this weekend.
- Sharp mower blades are important this time of year. Make sure you mower is serviced regularly!
Seeing Poa Annua in the lawn?
This annual grassy weed starts to poke its head up this time of year and can cause problems in the spring. Think you are seeing this in your lawn? Give us a call to learn more about the issue and how it can be controlled!